Requests for Qualifications
The Chandler Arts Commission is looking for qualified artists or artist teams to create two public art installations that will be incorporated into the design of the new parking garage on Site 6 in downtown Chandler. The projects will consist of an artistic seating area and a shade structure to compliment the parking garage that will be constructed as part of the New Square development on the northwest corner of Arizona Avenue and Chicago Street. Download the complete Requests for Qualifications here.
Unsolicited Exhibition Proposals
Unsolicited exhibition proposals for both the Vision Gallery and Chandler Center for the Arts Gallery are accepted for jury bi-annually during the months of January and June. Interested artists are encouraged to contact gallery staff prior to submission with any questions they may have. Gallery staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and 480-782-2695
Artists interested in being considered for exhibition must submit the following, collated into a
single PDF, to email@example.com.
- Up to 10 digital images of artworks
- Artist statement, resumé (including contact information), and biography
- Narrative of up to 500 words explaining your exhibition concept, background, and any important details If the PDF is too large to send, artists can send a link to a folder on dropbox, google drive, or a similar cloud-based service.
- Incomplete and improperly formatted applications may not receive a response
- Small group exhibitions including 2-4 artists in different media organized around a common theme are more likely to be accepted than solo exhibitions. This benefits both the gallery and the artists as it attracts a wider variety of viewers, but still allows the artists to display a cohesive body of work, as opposed to individual objects.
- Solo artists may still apply, but will be considered for both group and solo exhibitions.
- The quality of your images matters. Make sure your photographs are in focus, well lit, and with a plain background. It is possible to take good photographs with your phone, but if you have a better option – use it!
- We do not have a budget for shipping artwork. If you live outside of Arizona, it may be quite costly to get your artwork to and from the gallery.
Installation view of the exhibition Concerned, but Powerless, by artist Safwat Saleem
Vision Kids 2018 Classes
The Vision Gallery offers its VISION KIDZ Programs in a variety of media and all classes are taught by local professional artists. The classes are offered to the Phoenix metropolitan community free of charge to the participants, and are underwritten by individuals, corporations, and grant funding.
Gallery at the CCA
The Gallery at the Chandler Center for the Arts is curated by the Vision Gallery as part of the Arts Center Division of the City of Chandler. Both galleries are non-profit art galleries managed by the Chandler Cultural Foundation and host six to eight exhibitions per year.
Vision Gallery in the News
The Vision Gallery, Gallery at the CCA, and Chandler’s Public Art program are regularly featured in local media outlets including the SanTan Sun News, Phoenix New Times, AZ Redbook, and KJZZ. Read recent stories and find links here.